Welcome to the website of Toronto Artist Natalia Ros
I am a Toronto Artist, and this website is my Artist Portfolio featuring collections of my oil & acrylic paintings performed in traditional realism, high realism and representational/figurative abstract styles. You can also find out about exhibitions and art shows where some of my art may be displayed/purchased from time to time.
CURRENT ART EXHIBITIONS:
- Organizer: The Freedom Factory
- Dates: February 1 – February 20, 2020
- Opening Reception: February 1 (Saturday) 7 pm – 11 pm
- Location: 22 Dovercourt Road, Toronto, ON M6J 3C3
- Participation: 4 of my paintings are showcased in this Exhibition, with 3 of them available for purchase. –Read More
- Organizer: Preston Gallery, Uxbridge
- Dates: February 5 – February 29, 2020
- Location: 77 Brock St W, Uxbridge, ON L9P 1P5
- Participation: 2 of my paintings are showcased among the works of other great artists. –Read More
ON MY EASEL IS…
On my easel currently I have a 24×24″ abstract painting in acrylics. The inspiration behind this work is a photograph of maple tree leaves frozen in a forest stream: they appear to be enchanted in the thin ice, with white frost forming around them, while bright orange parts of them protrude, demonstrating their beauty that is in stark contrast to the coldness of frozen water.
This is my first fully abstract painting, and as I work on it, I start realizing that it’s a lot of fun to let your creative juices just flow and let your imagination form beautiful intricate designs on canvas. I am totally free in how I arrange objects on the surface and in how I choose to guide the viewer’s eyes from one area to another, telling a story with my brush strokes.
I started with a bright orange underpainting and am building on it by adding layers of complementing and not so complementing colors.
Once this painting is done, it will appear in my Gallery! Stay tuned!